This Chinese salad is loaded with cut carrots, onion, red cabbage over a bed of cos lettuce. It’s screw-topped off with the foremost delicious chicken and Chinese dressing. it’s such a lot of flavor in each bite!
Even though Fall is quickly approaching, and my day decorations area unit mendicancy to be placed up (I’m in all probability doing that next week ) I still like to eat salads. just about year-spherical, and in my opinion, that’s an honest factor. 🙂 I’m golf shot this one back on the menu next week for sure!
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ⅓ cup grated carrots
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chow mein noodles, for serving
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, for serving
- FOR THE SESAME VINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1.Preheat kitchen appliance to 350 degrees F.
2. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or giant bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce, oil, and pepper; marinate for a minimum of half-hour within the white goods.
3. Add chicken and marinade to a baking dish. Place in kitchen appliance and bake till well-done through- regarding half-hour. Let cool before cutting into bite-size items.
for herbaceous plant salad dressing
Whisk along rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, and condiment during a little bowl; put aside.
TO MAKE SALAD: Place cos lettuce during a giant bowl; high with cabbage, carrots, scallion, and chicken. Pour herbaceous plant salad dressing on high of the dish and gently toss to mix.
Serve at once, topped with dish noodles and almonds, if desired.